I promise you that the simplicity and power of this dish will catapult you to taste heaven. Promised!
I wanted to make a dish that comforts on the one hand but is healthy and colorful on the other hand. I started off by creating a pretty standard pea soup and then eventually ended up giving it more freshness.
The cool thing about this soup is that it is so versatile in its taste that it works equally good in every season. Cold enough for summer but hot enough for winter. I just love it.
|Prep Time||0 Minutes|
|Total Time||~30 Minutes|
|Yields||3 Servings of Soup|
- 2 medium-sized Potatoes
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 2 Shallots
- 500g Green Peas - frozen
- 3tbsp Vegetable Stock Powder
- 1 Stick Lemongrass
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 green Chili
- 10 Mint Leaves
- 500ml Water
Optional Ingredients for the Garnish
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 1tsp Sweet Pepper Powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1tsp Chiliflakes
- a bit of Soy Whip
Making the Pea Soup
- Peel the potatoes and quarter them
- Cook the potato quarters for around 20mins in a pot with water covering them.
- Take out the potatoes (they can still have a good firmness) and quench them with cold water.
- Cut them into small squares now.
- Put some oil in a pot and start heating the potatoes in oil.
- Cut the garlic, the shallots and the lemongrass in thin pieces and add them to the potatoes - make sure to cut off the very bottom of the lemongrass.
- Add the vegetable broth powder and stir.
- Heat this mix and start adding the water from the ingredients list bit by bit. Add water, let it cook until the water dissolves and add more water.
- Once all water from the ingredients list is gone we will make sure that only a little bit of water is still left and the rest is dissolved through steam and soaked by the potatoes.
- Now add the still frozen (!) peas and stir for a bit so they thaw properly. Also add the mint leaves and the lime juice.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Cut the green chili and add it to the mix.
- Blend everything until smooth and enjoy this wonderful green dish 💚.
- Take a pan and add some oil.
- Add the chickpeas, the red pepper powder, salt and chiliflakes and fry until it gets a brownish roasted color.
- Serve the soup with a bit of soy cream and the fried chickpeas on top 😋.
I hope you will like this dish as much as I do. Healthy and lovely 🌱